Sidor

fredag 16 december 2011

Christopher Hitchens dead

The writer and critic Christopher Hitchens passed away yesterday (December 15th) at the age of 62. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in 2010. He's been a columnist for Vanity Fair since 1992 and written "God is not great: How religion poisons everything." and his own memoir "Hitch-22". 

I found Hitchens to be an inspiring person that had a lot of interesting ideas and thoughts and I'm really sad that he passed away. Haven't read his memoir but think that I'm going to buy it and read it when I got the time. Let me know what you think of his death in the comments.







http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2011/12/20111216519164259.html
http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/12/In-Memoriam-Christopher-Hitchens-19492011

9 kommentarer:

  1. Didn't know much about him until I heard of his death today, will have to google him and find out more.....

    SvaraRadera
  2. :/ poor guy, early death. That's just life though, now people will start valuing him more.

    SvaraRadera
  3. A great loss. He will certainly be missed. :(

    SvaraRadera
  4. Ditto what D4 said, Michael Jackson become worth more when he died too.

    SvaraRadera
  5. It's a shame I really don't know much about this guy. But his atheist views are interesting.

    SvaraRadera